How to choose a better digital thermometer
Digital thermometer is a temperature sensing instrument which is easy to carry, with a permanent probe and a convenient digital display(LCD). How a digital thermometer works depends on its sensor type. Sensor types include resistance temperature detectors (RTD), thermocouple, and thermistors. A thermometer is a device that measures a thermometer or temperature gradient.
Thermometers have two important elements: a temperature sensor (such as a mercury bulb in a glass thermometer) or the pyrometric sensor in an infrared thermometer, where some change occurs as the temperature changes; and some method of converting this change into a numerical value (such as , visible scale marked on a mercury-in-glass thermometer or digital readout on infrared models). Thermometers are widely used in technology and industry for monitoring processes, meteorology, medicine and scientific research.
Three types of digital thermometer
Digital thermometers are generally divided into Contact digital thermometers, Ear thermometers and Forehead/Non-Contact thermometers.
The contact digital thermometer uses a temperature sensor to output an electrical signal, and finally displays it in digital form through the display, and its accuracy can reach ± 0.1 °C. The ear thermometer and the forehead thermometer receive the infrared rays radiated by the object through the sensor, and obtain the sensed temperature data. Compared with mercury thermometers, electronic thermometers are fast and safe, and can effectively avoid cross-infection.
Contact digital thermometer
Contact digital thermometers can be classified according to different body parts of use.
- Oral: For this part, the thermometer is placed under the tongue. This method is used for adults and children 4 and over who are able to hold thermometer in mouth.
- Rectal: For this part, the thermometer is inserted gently into the rectum. This is mostly done in babies but can used in children up to 3 years of age. You can take rectal temperatures in children older than 3 years, but it might be difficult to keep them as still as they need to stay.
- Armpit: For this part, the thermometer is placed in the armpit for young children or adults whose temperature can’t safely be done orally. This method is not as accurate as oral or rectal but can be used as a quick first check. You can follow this with an oral or rectal reading.
This type of thermometer measures the temperature inside of the ear by reading the infrared heat there. For best results, make sure to follow the instructions on the device about placing the tip correctly. For older babies and children, ear thermometers can be quicker and easier to use. However, they are not recommended if your baby is three months old or younger. They should not be used if your child has too much earwax, or if they have an earache.
Forehead thermometers are also used to measure temperature, but may not be as reliable as the digital thermometers and are usually more expensive. They are placed on the temporal artery of the forehead and measure the infrared heat that comes off of the head.
How Do Contact Digital Thermometers Work?
Digital thermometers with the metal probe are based on the fact that the resistance of the metal part (how hard it is for electricity to flow through it) changes as the temperature changes, such as when it is inserted under the tongue, rectum or armpit. The thermometer has a microchip that measures how much resistance there is and then translates that into temperature.
How Do Ear Thermometers Work?
The inner ear thermometer measures the temperature through inserting into the ear and measuring the temperature of energy radiating from your ear drum.
They offer great accuracy and identify changes quickly as the ear drum temperature measurement reflects the core temperature of the whole body.
This is because the body temperature is regulated by the hypothalamus in the base of the brain, which shares the same blood supply as the tympanic membrane, or as we call it the ear drum.
How Do Forehead Thermometers / Non-Contact Thermometers Work?
Forehead thermometers use infra-red technology to provide a non-invasive alternative to ear thermometers allowing you to measure temperature at a distance.
No-contact digital thermometers use a lens to focus infrared light from one object onto a detector called a thermopile. The thermopile absorbs the infrared radiation and turns it into heat.
The more infrared energy, the hotter the thermopile gets and converts this heat into electricity. The electricity is sent to a detector, which uses it to determine the temperature of whatever the thermometer is pointed at.
Disease prevention is more important than treatment, and it is the basic cognition of most people now. Body temperature measurement is one of the important means for disease prevention and diagnosis. Monitoring temperature is the only method that is operational and can record specific values. Especially with the impact of covid-19 for more than a year, temperature measurement has become more frequent. Going to shopping malls, going to the station to take a car, going to school and other public places are all inevitable. Of course, this is the need for epidemic prevention. See the staff measure people's body temperature through the forehead and the back of the hand with a handheld electronic thermometer or a thermometer fixed in a bracket.
With the deterioration of covid-19, people are paying more and more attention to how to do health monitoring. Body temperature, as the first characteristic of fever symptoms, needs special attention. The normal body temperature of the human body is around 37°C. When the body temperature exceeds 37.3°C, there is a possibility of a fever, so the thermometer is one of the necessary medical devices for the family.
Doctors and nurses measure body temperature as the initial inspection of the disease; body temperature measurement is the key to disease prevention in the family; body temperature monitoring is the basic defense for the construction of a truly effective and efficient public epidemic prevention system.
When choosing an electronic thermometer, we look at a few key points, including accuracy, comfort, and ease of use:
Accuracy: No matter what type of thermometer it is, the most important performance must be to accurately detect temperature changes, because subtle temperature changes in the human body, as small as 0.1°C, will cause abnormal reactions, so you must choose the most accurate temperature. electronic thermometer. The accuracy must keep on ±0.1℃.
Comfort: As a measurement tool that comes into contact with human skin or even organs, an digital thermometer must be comfortable enough to measure accurate results. If there is any discomfort during measurement, it may lead to inaccuracy of the measurement results. Especially a baby, taking a temperature reading from a poorly child can be tricky if they're not feeling cooperative, and using a thermometer that feels uncomfortable certainly won't help.
Ease of use: Many of our clients are older or baby, they can not deal with complicated measurement instrument, so when there is a younger or older in your family, remember to choose the digital thermometer that easy to operate, such as forehead digital thermometer, no matter what kind of digital thermometer, they must come with operating instrument.
Choose the three best quality electronic thermometers
Contact digital thermometer
Medasia Digital Thermometer with remarkable features
Rapid 10-Second Measurement: Experience swift and efficient temperature readings with a mere 10-second measurement time. Say goodbye to prolonged waiting and discomfort.
- Unmatched High Accuracy: Garner precise temperature results with unparalleled accuracy, delivered in clear 4-digit format. Rest assured that you're obtaining reliable information for better decision-making.
- Total Waterproof Design: Elevate your experience with the confidence of 100% waterproof protection. Our thermometer boasts exceptional water resistance, safeguarding its performance even in wet environments.
- Mercury-Free Peace of Mind: Embrace a worry-free approach to health monitoring, as our thermometer eliminates the use of hazardous mercury. Your well-being is our priority, and we're committed to offering a safe and environmentally conscious solution.
- Swift and Accurate 1-Second Measurements: Elevate your temperature monitoring experience with rapid and precise readings delivered in just 1 second. Say goodbye to prolonged waiting times while ensuring accuracy you can trust.
- Effortless Ease of Use: Designed with user-friendliness in mind, our thermometer guarantees a hassle-free experience for all. Whether measuring via forehead or ear, its intuitive design ensures convenience without complexity.
- Versatile Multi-Functionality: This thermometer doesn't just stop at temperature measurement. Its multi-functional capabilities extend to various measurement needs, enhancing its utility for diverse health monitoring requirements.
Non-Contact Forehead Thermometer
- Advanced Medical Infrared Technology: Our Non-Contact Forehead Thermometer utilizes advanced infrared technology to measure temperature without any physical contact. This minimizes discomfort and ensures hygienic readings, making it ideal for various medical applications.
- Consideration for Physiological Effects: With a focus on user comfort, our thermometer takes into account physiological factors. Its non-invasive approach allows for stress-free temperature measurement, particularly suitable for sensitive individuals such as infants, children, and the elderly.
- Efficient Power Management: We understand the importance of extended battery life. Our thermometer incorporates efficient power management mechanisms, ensuring prolonged use without frequent battery replacements. This is particularly advantageous for continuous monitoring scenarios.
It is very easy to use any digital thermometer at your home. Here are some steps to know how to use a digital thermometer:
- Insert the battery cell into the thermometer, if it is not already inserted, or just make sure that it is powered.
- After inserting the battery, you have to push the Power button.
- When the power is on, place the thermometer in your mouth (for oral temperature) or underarm.
- You have to wait for the beep sound from the thermometer.
- Once you hear a beep, simply take out the thermometer and read the temperature reading.
When it come to a forehead thermometer, there are a few steps to take prior to using a forehead thermometer:
- Reading the manufacturer’s instructions
- Being in indoor area, because high temperature maybe influence the result of measurement.
- Placing the thermometer in front of your forehead 3-5cm distance.
- Just one second and the beep sound come, you can see the result on LCD and you can record it down now.
When it com to ear thermometer, it is familiar to forehead digital thermometer, just place the probe into the ear, and wait for the beep sound, then you can take the thermometer off, and read the result.
No matter what kind of digital thermometer, be sure that your hands is dry and clean.
Q: What is the minimum order quantity (MOQ) for digital thermometer?A: We support small quantity test order, and the price is negotiable for large quantity.
Q: Delivery time for digital thermometer ?A: We can make the delivery within 30 days usually, But the actual delivery date can only be replied to you after we confirm with the factory .And sample delivery time needs to be confirmed too.
Q: What certificates do you have for digital thermometer?A: We provide customers with CE, ISO, FSC, CFDA(China FDA), FDA certification.
Q: Do you offer customized packaging or branding options for digital thermometer?A: Yes, we offer customized packaging and branding options for the digital thermometer. Please let us know your requirements so that we can provide you with a quote.
Q: Would you send me a sample to check the quality before I order?A: Sure. We would love to send you the sample ,even with logo if you can offer your artwork.
Q: Payment optionsA: Our payment terms and methods for international transactions are T/T ,LC ，Paypal and so on ,Please let us know your preferred method so that we can proceed accordingly.
Q: How a bout the price of digital thermometer?A: Please contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Science Behind It: How Mercury-Free Glass Thermometers Are Changing the Medical Industry
A Comprehensive Guide to Measuring High Cholesterol Levels: Everything You Need to Know
Breaking Down Cholesterol Measurement Units: Understanding LDL, HDL, and Total Cholesterol
Optimize Health: Advantages of Our Top Oximeter
- Subscribe MedInsights
- Subscribe MedInsights
- Subscribe MedInsights
- Subscribe MedInsights
- Subscribe MedInsights